Cosco Busan Headlines – 17 November 2007

Ship design invited oil spill, experts say
San Jose Mercury News – CA, USA
By Mike Taugher The International Maritime Organization saw the Cosco Busan oil spill coming: Last year, it banned new ships from being built with their

Ship’s crew ordered to appear before grand jury investigating bay
San Francisco Chronicle – CA, USA
“We haven’t determined any causes for this accident,” she said. The US attorney’s office is investigating whether any criminal laws were broken in the spill 

Cosco Busan v. the Bay Bridge: Caught on Tape
The Utility Belt – San Francisco,CA,USA
While the NTSB begins a year-long investigation into the Cosco Busan’s collision with the Bay Bridge and resulting oil spill, the public is already siting

Feds: No weight to ship’s radar issues
Examiner.com – USA
Federal investigators said they have not found any evidence to substantiate statements from the Cosco Busan’s crew that the two radars on the cargo ship

VTS Warning to Cosco Busan Pilot
By John
One board member, Debbie Hersman, said the Vessel Traffic Service of the Coast Guard asked the pilot of the ship, the Cosco Busan, about its course before the accident. “They all recognized and were concerned about the vessel’s position

Chinese FM spokesman on cargo ship collision in San Francisco
Xinhua – China
BEIJING, Nov. 15 (Xinhua) — Chinese Foreign Ministry Liu Jianchao said Thursday the cargo ship which struck a bridge tower in San Francisco has no business

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: